What Now? To Wow Now! Transforming a So-so Painting to One You Love.
By Miriam “Mir” Eve Tidwell
July 17th 2014
10 AM to 3:00 PM
An optional fee of $35 per person
limit to 20 students
This class is for beginners and intermediates who paint in Acrylic. This class is not for water color or oil.
I have been painting for about 15 years. What I know is not taught in books and most likely will show you that anyone can paint and everyone is an artist.
I paint both acrylic and wax. I sell and I donate my work.
We all have a canvas that we just don’t like. We are not sure why its not our favorite.
I will teach you how to take a “What Now” into a “Now Wow”.
What you will need to bring to eat and drink:
We will take two 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute break.
- bottle of water to drink (or what ever you drink)
- Snack for break
- Sack lunch
- Snack to enjoy while we have show and tell.
Supplies you will need:
- one painted canvas that will come one way and leave another. ( around two feet by three feet framed if you can) can be a board or even foam board). Must already be painted ! (If you have never painted go to the thrift store and buy a cheap canvas that is something you don’t like. You will have your own painting by the end of the day.)
- large black magic marker
- small black magic marker
- gold magic marker
- blue painters tape,two to four inch to protect the frames and if they are not framed to protect the face of you painting when we paint the sides.
- At least 8 brushes at least one 2 inch
- brush holder
- bucket for water (Large enough to paint for an hour before cleaning)
- roll of paper towels
If you are a person that likes bright colors bring them if you are a person that likes dull colors this class is designed to teach you to love bright colors, So bring bright colors…..please bring your own easel, this type of class works best if you can paint standing and look at it from about 6 feet back.
- At least 10 colors of acrylic paint. (you can have more, but please have these.)
- sky blue
For more information & parking map: click here. Download a map.