Center for Urban Horticulture
Head back to school for a day with Mary Palmer Dargan, APLD, RLA, as she leads us in an advanced workshop for landscape design professionals. This workshop will provide you with a unique opportunity to focus on one of your own landscape designs right in our APLD classroom.
Mary Palmer is a renowned landscape architect and sought-after lecturer to students, design professionals, and homeowners. She will share with us tricks of the trade learned from her more than 40 years of designing landscapes for private clients from the coast of California to the low country of the Carolinas. She has a sharp eye for detail and a humorous, no nonsense approach to getting things accomplished.
Mary Palmer and her husband Hugh Dargan, RLA, are the award-winning principals of Atlanta-based Dargan Landscape Architects (read more about them at dargan.com). Although our workshop will be lead by Mary Palmer, Hugh will also join in with his unique wit and wisdom. For an introduction to the workshop, check out this video .
The workshop’s agenda:
- Secrets Used by Successful Landscape Designers
- “Form Follows Function” then Beautify (see video)
X-ray vision: Layers for Success (see video)
- Design for the Future: Lifelong Landscape Design(see video)
- Improve functionality using the 4 Part Master Plan
- Organize & estimate site improvements using an innovative layer system
- Create a sustainable philosophy using lifelong landscape design principles
- Base map at 1/8″ of front or rear of project
- Aerial photograph (Google Maps works great!)
- Three site photographs at letter size
Note: late registrants cannot be guaranteed a workbook
Register on-line at:
For more information, contact Susan Picquelle at[email protected]