Why not design your own utopia?
PLACE is the unique branded system that enables you to get the very highest and best use for your property. PLACE, the acronym for Potentials, Layers, Agenda, Create and Environmental Transformation, is our founder’s signature method for designing personalized home environments.
Mary Palmer Dargan, author, botanist, professor, horticulture judge and licensed landscape architect has been honing this system for over 30 years while designing hundreds of landscapes for private clients. She instructed hundreds of adults in design education and talented students at Clemson University in landscape architecture and planning.
Now you can learn this unique system too and transform your landscape into the place of your dreams!
|Newcomers: Welcome to PlaceMakers! Please join us as a guest. We’re sharing fantastic landscape ideas, pictures, strategies & so much more!
As a guest you will enjoy:
Five levels to meet your growing needs as a designer:
- PlaceMakers Sprout2Grow (offered twice a year, 2 months Wellspring Sprout Galleries)
- PlaceMakers Orchard (enrollment only during Events, Two Design Studios, 4 months Wellspring Orchard Galleries)
- PlaceMakers Live Oak (enrollment only during Events, Two Design Studios, Wellspring Orchard Galleries, 9 months Design Certificate and many other benefits including European travel)
- PlaceMakers Grow Library (a comprehensive design library of 6 parts)
- PlaceMakers at Landscape Your Life™ LIVE! (priority seating, preferred status, special rates plus buddy tickets)
How to Begin
Take Your Landscape to School! Become a Place Maker! The Landscape Your Life™ program has a PlaceMakers Forum and Wellspring Gallery to support members. This puts you in touch with me and lots of other knowledgeable experts! At the PlaceMaker “Sprout to Grow” Level you study the PLACE system, a unique branded system that I created while working with adults who wanted to get the very best from their land, but didn’t know how to begin. It is home-study with downloadable videos, audio, DVDs and a supported forum with Wellspring Galleries. Meet and share your inspirations and questions with like-minded folks. The PlaceMaker “Orchard” group has its own forum which focuses on creating the drawings most people go on to need to communicate with contractors, make long term plans and create a lifelong landscape over a 6 month period ! There are two design studios associated with this level. The third and highest level of achievement is PlaceMakers “Live Oak”. This very select group that has a year to study, refine their plans, and plans of their clients while they receive a certificate in landscape design. They also qualify to travel with us in a small group to study gardens abroad. These programs will enroll in October at the LYL event.
PlaceMakers SPROUT-2-GROW Launches you in the PLACE system, a unique branded system that I created while working with adults who wanted to get the very best from their land, but didn’t know how to begin. It is a 3 month, home-study course with downloadable videos, audio, DVDs and a supported forum with Wellspring Galleries. Meet and share your inspirations and questions with like-minded folks. It is offered year round with Q & A sessions for you to join on the forum.
*Personalized, autographed copies of Lifelong Landscape Design and
Timeless Landscape Design for your design library.
*A personal call from PlaceMakers staff to walk you thru the forum and answer your questions about the program and upcoming event registration.
Do you want to design your property to be the best it can be, or to enhance your career as a landscape designer? PlaceMakers The Orchard offers a unique design training to do both.
The Orchard is unique in the industry. Not only do you receive everything in the Sprout-to-Grow package, but design studios with one-on-one assistance and personal calls with Mary Palmer to discuss your project.
By using the unique, patented system of PLACE: Potentials, Layers, Agenda, Create & Enjoy, you create a place of lasting value and have a rewarding future at home or with clients!
- Sprout-to-Grow Landscape Design System Hardcover Binder of the PLACE system
- WellSpring Galleries, a gallery of images arranged in tht 8-part Agenda system
- 6 webinar lectures recorded for your convenience on DVDs also recorded in the PlaceMakers Forum
- Downloadable slides for each webinar
- Downloadable audio recording of each webinar plus transcript
- Forum discussion network of new friends
- Pinterest design boards to share your process
- 2 Live Question and Answer calls
- Eligibility for Event “Garden Makeovers from the Stage” hot seats.
- Support Forum 3 month membership
- Invitations to limited seating at events
In addition you receive:
- Two Design Studio Retreats
- Free Event Ticket with guest discount
- 4 One-Hour Calls with Mary Palmer to review your project
- 8 hours of professional drafting of your project with digital product (additional hours at significantly discounted rate)
- Training to become accredited with the Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- 6 months of PlaceMakers Forum & WellSpring Gallery Access